where I'd like to be:

where I'd like to be:

Monday, July 21, 2008

some bouncin thoughts from bouncin souls


ok, this is where my head is at:

sometimes in life, we make good decisions. sometimes, we make bad ones. the decision-making process is another fascinating topic of discussion for me. kinda like the to-do lists, I wonder how peeps make their decisions. I mean, how EXACTLY do you go about it? Some techniques: lists; crafting pluses and minuses for each side of the decision. A bit scientific, but often illuminating. Often you come up with pluses and minuses you never before imagined. Also it's a bit of crafting a forest-for-the-trees perspective. I am in favor of anything that allows you to step back and view a situation form afar, because when emotion gets in the way, ye ol decision-making process is clouded. Basic, straight-forward stuff.

If I could point out one of my WORST traits, it is paralyzing decision-making at inopportune times. Now, Im not talkin about life-and-death situations here, those I surprisingly feel I can make quickly. You know, like "here comes at car right at me, what should I do?" Ok, funky example, but I can make a quick decision there. It is in the more subtle area of decision-making, those subtle decisions which, although they have no immediate impact, reverberate for a good time after in one's life. For instance, choosing a career path. Subtle, and while no immediate impact, long-term repercussions are inevitable. HUGE in terms of circle of friends, lifestyle, major life choices, oh yeah good stuff.

alright, what about some other techniques:

trust yer gut: alright, this one is often spot-on. but you could be really OFF. per esempio: I could think a situation is one way. I could totally think it is one way. But I came to realize that maybe, just maybe, I am TOTALLY wrong! crazy! but that's why it's fun, right?....um, right? well, like I was told a while ago, either it works out well, or it's a good story for the grandkids.

alright, movin on:

"carpe diem" -- well, that one certainly has its advantages, especially being that you will usually get a tangible, quick-response answer. and if it's a good decision, bravo. You just bought yourself some more of the good stuff you garnished by making a quick decision. If it's a bad one, well, rip the band-aid off and get busy gettin over the bad decision. hmm, stock stuff, yeah, but it's cliche for a reason. of course, delaying the decision could cause some of those clouds which are hovering over the situation to dissipate, leaving a clearer, (more emotion-free?) decision. Of course, those clouds might never dissipate. boh!

You startin to get how spesso decisions tend prendere un'po paralysis per me?

But this time, I really might be wrong with regards to what I originally, positively, thought. how bout them apples. double boh!

of course, looking back on it all, was any bad decision in my memory really that bad? nope. I am damn lucky to be able to say that. I feel like some Allman Bros should be playin out of the speakers right now. dunno why.

knowing many loving none, bearing sorrow having fun, but back home you'll always run...

nessun dorma

2 comments:

mindful mule said...

never chase buses or women, you’ll always get left behind…

Bradford said...

love it, baby, love it. oh, and while the rambling is still very valid, i was actually right for once! tho I am putting your comment on a fortune cookie...